Friday 1 February 2013

Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is.

Dear children,

I am heartened to see the whole class put in effort into the decorating our classroom given a very short time span compared to other classes. Please do not feel that it is unfair, as we have to be understanding of the situation and we did a great job anyway!

Remember what I told you, always focus on the positive.  That will make you a happier person!

Some of you expressed concern that we are unlikely to win the CNY competition, however to me, all of you are winners! I see so much creativity in your work, your designs, your ideas! I saw how everyone brought so many things till I have to ask you to bring home the leftovers. This is the whole point - the class bonding!

Some of you may disagree with how your classmate chose to decorate, or what our class motto and calendar should be like, but with 42 individuals (43 including myself!); we really have to learn to compromise and at the end of the day, everyone's unique ideas really add up!


Learning points from this experience:
- Accepting differing opinions and ideas
- It is not all about winning, it is the effort and process that counts

I shall do up the whiteboard tomorrow and share some photos of your hard work with all of you soon! =)  Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Yours Sincerely,
Miss Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment