Saturday 31 August 2013

Hello again

Dear all,

Sorry for the lack of updates lately as I was feeling unwell.  Hence here is a long post to keep up with the happenings lately.

==
P5 Camp

Welcome back from the camp! I am truly sorry and disappointed that I was unable to join you all, but I am glad that everyone had fun. It was a pity about your kayaking, but your safety comes first. Don't be too disappointed!

Here is the only photo I have of your performance, sent to me by the other camp teachers, who gave me positive feedback about your teamwork! Well done, I am so proud =)


Mrs Baldwin also shared with me how many of your overcame your fears and challenged yourselves during the activities. I'm sure the camp is one experience you will remember for a long time to come (I still remember my own P5 camp fondly!)

I shall try to see if I am able to get photos from the other teachers to share your experiences of camp with your parents on the blog.

==
Mathematics CA2

Thank you all for being so cooperative and understanding the past 2 days when I barely have my voice, hence we are still able to have lessons and check through the papers with minimal disruptions. I really appreciate that =)

As mentioned, you have all done pretty well for your Paper 1. Keep it up! I will release your Paper 2 on Monday. Let's bear in mind a few important learning points from this CA2:

1) In answering, fractions should not have decimals in it. Hence, multiply both numerator and denominator by the same number such that the decimal is removed. Then, remember to simplify the fraction.

2) When questions require drawing (Symmetry, Tessellation etc), it is best to do it in pencil. In case you make a mistake, you can easily amend it. More importantly, you should always use a ruler. Freehand drawings will be immediately marked wrong.

3) Graph question: when asked to do drawing of graphs, always draw a dotted line to match the value at the axis of the graph. This is the best way to ensure that you are accurate.

You have all done well by being very consistent with your units and final statements. Keep up the good habit!

==
Mid Autumn Carnival 

Thank you for volunteering to help out at the school Carnival. Almost everyone in our class is involved! I am impressed with your display of our school core value - Sincerity. I'm sure we will all have a lot of fun while doing our part for the school.

Please do continue to support by buying more tickets, the lucky draw prizes are really attractive this year (Cameras, Tablet, hampers etc) Moreover, all food, games and purchases during the Carnival can only be paid for using the coupons from the tickets. There are many stalls selling quality goods at good value, and even cheap branded bags and clothes! Parents may want to look out for those stalls on the day of the Carnival! If you wish to buy more tickets, you may do so through me or going to the general office.

We reached our target of selling all our 42 x $20 tickets! =) To do my part for the school as well, everyone in the class will be receiving a $2 coupon from me as a reward for being so supportive. Do spend it on anything that you like during the carnival!

In the event that you are unable to attend the carnival, you may pass the $2 coupon to your friends to spend at the Carnival, or donate it towards our class booth funds.

==

Have a good rest this weekend!

Yours Sincerely,
Miss Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment