Wednesday 9 January 2013

Hello!

Dear Parents of SD6,

A Blessed New Year to you.
I have had the pleasure of teaching many of your children last year.
To those who are new, I am Mrs Helena Baldwin, the English & Science teacher this year.
I am also the Co-form teacher of this class.
I have given your children all the necessary details on how I am contactable.
The diary is another means of our communication. This year, the level and syllabuses are slighty
different from that of last year. We are still doing STELLAR which is now new in P5 but not new to the pupils as they have done it in P4.

The English lessons will comprise of Newspaper Articles which is a daily check in.
Philosophy for Children to develop critical thinking skills which I am trained in.
Drama in the English Classroom
STELLAR
Teacher Prepared worksheets and I will give them some project work as and when its appropriate.
The pupils have to use their vocabulary book daily when they come across new words.
I will be sending titles of good books for them to read as well. The children need to be exposed to a variety of genre.

I hope that we can work hand in hand to help them progress and bridge this gap between P4 & 5.

Regards,
Mrs B.

No comments:

Post a Comment